[freeside] Billing and other questions

Thomas Charron tcharron at ductape.net
Tue Jun 6 07:34:32 PDT 2000

Quoting Gordon Smith <gordon at isl.net.nz>:
> I do have another suggestion, that you probably won't agree with. Thats
> having the option of running freeside as the nobody user, rather than
> using wrappers for the CGI scripts. If used with ssl and .htaccess, it
> would still be quite secure. The problem with suexec is that the CGI
> scripts must reside in the root web, not in sub-folders, although this
> can be changed by hacking the source for suexec.

  This actually leads me to an additional question.  Why must the cgi scripts
actually RUN as the freeside user?  The pull their database data from the conf
files, etc, so the databse connection isn't the limiting factor, so, what is?

---
Thomas Charron
<< Wanted: One decent sig >>
<< Preferably litle used  >>