[freeside] Billing and other questions

Thomas Charron tcharron at ductape.net
Tue Jun 6 07:32:23 PDT 2000

Quoting ivan <ivan at 420.am>:
> > setting up a server for a small ISP. They want to run both Freeside and
> > Radius on the same box.
> I advise against doing this.  Your Freeside machine should be behind a
> firewall and inaccessable from outside, except for the employees who will
> be using it.
> Your RADIUS server, OTOH, needs to accept connections from your terminal
> servers and is not typically behind a firewall.

  As an option, what we do is forward via NAT all radius requests to the
internal box that runs our freeside database, which also runs our Cistron
Radius server.  In our case, it really *isn't* available from the outside.  Not
a nitpick, just an example of a situation where this could be a viable
alternative.

---
Thomas Charron
<< Wanted: One decent sig >>