[freeside] signup.cgi errors

Joe Englert joeengle at sover.net
Thu Jun 1 11:29:34 PDT 2000

Hi Ivan,
	I'm in the process of adding some bonus fields to the cust_main
table.  We need the ability to send bills to someone other than the
contact person.

	After adding fields to the table and some more widgets in the
edit/cust_main.cgi file, the page will display fields I've manually edited
but will not write out edits made from the page.  After some tracing, it
looks like the edit/process/cust_main.cgi is looking through all the
name/value pairs sent to it and relying on FS/FS/cust_main.pm to handle
the posting.

	How can I add fields to the cust_main object, or otherwise
expand the fields associated with a customer?  Are there any pitfalls
- like files that are relying on the current structure that would
also need to be changed - that I should be aware of?

	Thanks for the help.
Joe