[freeside] svc_acct_sm - Domain mail aliases

ivan ivan at 420.am
Wed Jul 19 17:17:25 PDT 2000

On Wed, Jul 19, 2000 at 06:55:09AM +0100, Shez wrote:

> <snip>
> >Freeside doesn't get involved in user mail forwarding, either with
> >.forward files or .qmail files, other than touching
> >/home/user/.qmail-domain:tld-default when necessary.
> This is where I was misunderstanding - I wanted to put user mail forwarding
> info into freeside, to support setups where the user doesn't have shell access.
> If you don't feel this should be part of the freeside core then thats fair
> enough, I will implement it separatly.

Hmm - now that's a good question.

I'd say that in the cases where a user has shell access and can edit their
own .qmail or .forward files, it's a bad idea to try and track those
forwardings and synchronize them with Freeside, which works under the
assumption that the Freeside database is *the* authoritative source of all
information.

In the case where a user *doesn't* have shell access, they'll still want
to change their own forwardings, probably from a webpage of some sort.  It
seems to me that this would be best as a stand-alone application - what
would be the advantage to sending the data back to the Freeside database
and exporting it from there?

I'm convincable, but I'm tough.  :)

--
meow