[freeside] svc_acct_sm - Domain mail aliases

Shez shez at nsl.net
Mon Jul 17 09:30:33 PDT 2000

On Mon, 17 Jul 2000, you wrote:
>On Mon, Jul 17, 2000 at 03:42:22PM +0100, Shez wrote:
>> Hi there,
>> 	I am in the process of setting up freeside, (nice bit of software btw
>> :), and want to be able use freeside to manage aliases of the form:
>> aliasuser at aliasdomain.com -> realuser at realdain.com rather than just
>> aliasuser at aliasdomain.com -> domuid at localdomain.com
>>
>> Is there any reason I'm missing for restricting domuid in svc_acct_sm to a
>> reference to an existing entry in sm_acct?
>
>A more flexible implementation isn't written yet.
heh, fair enough :)

>>  It would appear more flexible to
>> simply have domuid being say varchar(80) containing a fully qualified email
>> address (e.g ``shez at nsl.net'')
>
>It's not that simple.  See
>http://www.sisd.com/freeside/list-archive/msg01414.html
The above appears to be about domains being an integral part of the svc_acct
table so that user at domain is required to be unique, but not ``user''.  This
isn't required for what I'm talking about.

All I want to be able to do is forward to arbitary email address(es).  It would
appear that this should be simple enough to implement for qmail at least.  If
we're contributing patches would you prefer this done as a separate
svc_{tablename} table and object, or as a modification to the existing
sm_acct_sm?

Cheers again
Shez