[freeside] setup problems

colinc colinc at terrigal.net.au
Mon Jan 24 15:00:44 PST 2000

Hi,

I'm having trouble with freeside when attempting to create the tables in mysql
with fs-setup. I have installed everything prior to this step.
When i run fs-setup as the freeside user i get the following.
server:/nosupport/fs/fs-1.2.2/bin$ fs-setup freeside

Enter the maximum username length: 8

Freeside tracks the RADIUS attributes User-Name, Password and Framed-IP-Address
for each user.  Enter any additional RADIUS attributes you need to track for
each user, separated by whitespace.
:

Can't open /usr/local/etc/freeside/dbdef.DBI:mysql:freeside: Permission denied at

/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/FS/dbdef.pm line 87, <STDIN> chunk 2.

I've checked the /usr/local/etc/freeside  folder and there does not seem to be
any file called dbdef.DBI................ as stated above.
But there exist the dbdef.pm file in the /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/FS
folder as above. The files in this same folder are owned by the root user,
I changed the ownership to the freeside user and also changed the permissions but
the same error message occurs each time i run fs-setup.

Hope someone out there can help me out. Any comments, suggestions and/or
solutions would be much appreciated.

Thanks.