[freeside] getting error when trying to send email.

ivan ivan at 420.am
Tue Dec 12 17:42:32 PST 2000

On Tue, Dec 12, 2000 at 06:20:04PM -0600, Brian Wolfe wrote:
> heres the info.
>
> Debian Woody
> default perl == 5.005
> installed perl = 5.005, 5.6
> 2.4.0-test9
>
> used perl-5.005 -MCPAN -e shell
> to install all the modules that were listed on the list in the
> documentation.  i had the system offline for a while. It all started
> with a new system and the debian upgrade to perl 5.6. I changed the
> default /usr/bin/perl to point to perl-5.005 so it would get the old
> perl. I'm not getting any errors other than it can't send the email.
>  heres the error message as it was printed.
>
> freeside at enigma:~$ freeside-bill -c ahzz
> Billing customer #16
> Can't send invoice email! at /usr/local/lib/site_perl/FS/cust_main.pm line 727.
> freeside at enigma:~$

You need to set the `smtpmachine' configuration file to the name of a
machine which will relay for your Freeside machine.  See
htdocs/docs/config.html.  If that isn't working for you, try adding the
Debug option to line 727:

$message->smtpsend( [ 'Debug'=>1 ] )  or die "Can't send invoice email!"; #die? warn?

> 	Has anyone else run into this or have a patch that will let me run
> this under perl-5.6? I'm going to attempt reinstalling all the modules
> as perl5.6 and running under that instead of forcing 5.005

I switched over to 5.6 when Debian did.  No problems.

--
meow