[freeside] Grace periods?

ivan ivan at 420.am
Thu Dec 7 03:32:06 PST 2000

On Wed, Dec 06, 2000 at 01:20:14PM -0800, Brad Dameron wrote:

> 	Hey Ivan,
>
> 	I there a way to setup a grace period on dialup accounts? As in if
> they are 14 days passed due on their payment then their account becomes
> disabled until paid?

Sure.  Just write a cron job that checks for accounts with a balance
greater than zero, but no invoices in the last 14 days, and then suspends
all their packages.  See the FS::cust_main, FS::cust_bill, and
FS::cust_pkg manpages.

> 	Also, if I write some code in PHP would you be willing to use it

Probably not.  Database modifications should only be done through the Perl
FS::table_name interface, which isn't available from PHP.

> or are you only using CGI?

Currently, CGI that also works (and sometimes caches for efficiency) under
mod_perl's Apache::Registry.  Future direction is a template-based system
that will run under HTML::Mason, Apache::ASP or eperl.

--
meow