[freeside] svc_acct_sm - Domain mail aliases

Shez shez at nsl.net
Tue Aug 1 07:30:33 PDT 2000

On Fri, 28 Jul 2000, you wrote:
>> Jeff's thoughts were that to work with any reasonable MTA you would want:
>> 1) a list of domains
>
>svc_domain
>
>> 2) a list of local targets onto which the virtual targets would be mapped
>
>There shouldn't be any such thing as "local".
One possible reason for this concept is that some sites maintain the idea of a
user even when shell access is disallowed - so a user would still have a set of
domains associated with it for administrative control, but that user excerpts
that control via a web interface rather than via a shell account.

>> 3) a list of mappings of local targets onto ultimate destinations
>
>There's no need for two mappings: a single mapping in svc_acct should
>suffice.
>
>> The first two are already provided by freeside, and I guess you mean that if
>> you put the info about pop vs bounce vs forward into svc_acct (as well as
>> a domain) then that would fill the third as well.
>>
>> Is this correct?
>
>Sounds right.

Cool :)
Seeya
Shez

--
NSL NET Ltd, 26 Forth Street, Edinburgh, EH1 3LH, UK
tel + 44 (0)131 477 8215  fax + 44 (0)131 477 8223  http://www.nsl.net