[freeside] What is an erpcdmachine?

Ivan Kohler ivan at sisd.com
Thu Oct 21 07:01:51 PDT 1999

On Thu, Oct 21, 1999 at 08:42:19AM -0500, Lewis Bergman wrote:
> I believe I have freeside finally done. pre RPM.
> Everything seems to work so far. But, please explain in as much detail as you
> can stand:
> What is an erpcdmachine?

A machine running ERPCD, a remote authentication protocol (compare to
RADIUS or TACACS) used with Xylogics terminal servers IIRC.  Think it was
Xylogics.  They started with an X.

ERPCD is long-gone, I think, along with Xylogics (?) (bought by Bay, I
believe).  I'd take it out, but it isn't hurting anyone, and maybe someone
one day will need it.  :)

> Is it for automated setup?
> What do I need to make that sucker work?

A better description of what you mean by `automated setup'.

Letting users setup their own accounts on the web?  See fs_signup/README.

Setting up remote machines when you change things in Freeside?  See
htdocs/docs/export.html and htdocs/docs/config.html

--
Ivan Kohler <ivan at sisd.com> - finger for PGP key - <moc.dsis at navi> Relhok Navi
Open-source billing and administration for ISPs - http://www.sisd.com/freeside