[freeside] NEWBIE: Installing 1.2.2

Ivan Kohler ivan at sisd.com
Thu Oct 7 15:00:38 PDT 1999

On Thu, Oct 07, 1999 at 12:06:15PM -0700, James Nessen wrote:
> Hello,
>   I am trying to install Freeside for the first time and I am having a
> hard time with it.
>
> First of all, I have gone through the documentation, but I find it to be
> lacking somewhat :-)  I've gone through and placed all the files where it
> said to put them, and when I try to run fs-setup it quits and complains
> that there is no mapsecrets file.

Please send the exact error message.

>  Well, I have gone to
> /usr/local/etc/freeside and low and behold there is a mapsecrets file
> along with a secrets file.

>  Is there more of a detailed help file out
> there for the first time installer?

Perhaps this will help:
<http://www.sisd.com/freeside/list-archive/msg00546.html>

>  Or, if not, could someone please
> point me in the right direction as where to proceed next?

Does the /usr/local/etc/mapsecrets file exist, and is it readable by the
freeside user?

I can guess that the problem is opening the file pointed to by the
mapsecrets file.  Please post the exact error message you receive.

--
Ivan Kohler <ivan at sisd.com> - finger for PGP key - <moc.dsis at navi> Relhok Navi
Open-source billing and administration for ISPs - http://www.sisd.com/freeside