[freeside] thinking about using freeside

Ivan Kohler ivan at sisd.com
Wed Nov 10 13:59:33 PST 1999

On Sun, Oct 31, 1999 at 11:57:18PM +1100, Chris Joyce wrote:

> Hi,
>
> just a quick question about freeside ,
> I have a very small setup going with only one pop and less then 200 users.
> I also have a second party who use my pop with less then 300 users.
>
> every thing is run on a couple of box's ( one for both of us ) , I use
> ICRADIUS and do all the logging there.I use MSAccess to do my accounting
> via ODBC to MySQL ( logging and radius ) , this only just works !
>
> I'd like to drop the current accounting system , stick with ICRADIUS and
> MySQL but find a better accounting system .
>
> After looking at the site and trying the on-line demo , I have a few
> questions.
>
> I've been trying to work out if freeside will cope with my current
> packages that my clients use.
>
> package A :	1 pop
> 		3 mail aliases
> 		ppp dialup 25 Hours/month with 50 Meg download
> 		excess charge for extra time/data
>
> package B :     3 pop
>                 10 mail aliases
>                 ppp dialup
>                 download charged by the Meg
>
> package C :	as per package A but with ip filter
>

> I gess the real question is can freeside cope with download charging ?
> mixed with hour charging ?

Yes.  It will take a little work to glue your usage tracking into
Freeside.  See <http://www.sisd.com/freeside/list-archive/msg00423.html>.

--
Ivan Kohler <ivan at sisd.com> - finger for PGP key - <moc.dsis at navi> Relhok Navi
Open-source billing and administration for ISPs - http://www.sisd.com/freeside