First Installation

Paul M. Oster devious at minot.com
Sun May 16 13:41:15 PDT 1999

Hi, I've recently finished going though the installation for freeside,
using the install.html file as a checklist of what files to install, and
where to install various pieces of the distributions

Apache, Mysql, DBD, DBI, Perl and Freeside are all the most recent stable
versions.  Things appear to work untill I try to go further than the
main menu... then I get I get an error. Now, when I look at the source to
part_svc.cgi I notice the line

use FS::UID qw(something); is where the script errors out... now the
really odd part about this is if I write a script that only uses' that
file, everthing works... any suggestions?

The error I'm getting is

[Sun May 16 15:34:38 1999] UID.pm: Can't locate FS/UID.pm in @INC
   (@INC contains: /usr/lib/perl5/5.00503/i586-linux
   /usr/lib/perl5/5.00503 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/i586-linux
   /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005) at
   /usr/local/apache/htdocs/freeside/browse/part_svc.cgi line 50. BEGIN
   failed--compilation aborted at
   /usr/local/apache/htdocs/freeside/browse/part_svc.cgi line 50.