Illegal Line in secrets and/or mapsecrets

Ivan Kohler ivan at sisd.com
Tue May 11 02:54:01 PDT 1999

Hi,

Sorry to take such a ludicrously long time to respond, but I wanted to
install Perl 5.005 and see if I could duplicate your problem.  As it turns
out, I can't seem to duplicate your problem - it seems to work fine on my
system.

I'm using Perl 5.005_03; one of the things you should try is installing
that.  Also try installing Perl from source instead of .rpm.  Red Hat
tends to ship badly broken Perls.

As you've figured out, multiple lines being read as a single line is the
cause of your various problems.

You aren't by any chance writing the configuration files on a Mac or
Windows machine or something else with strange notions about line
delimters?

Is $/ set to "\n" ?

    perl -e 'print "yes it is\n" if $/ eq "\n";'

I'll try to install a mailing list search soon.  This was the first
(though it looks like not the last!) I've heard of this particular
problem.

--
Ivan Kohler <ivan at sisd.com> - finger for PGP key - <moc.dsis at navi> Relhok Navi
Open-source billing and administration for ISPs - http://www.sisd.com/freeside