CVS and redhat 5.2

Ivan Kohler ivan at sisd.com
Sun Mar 14 21:29:05 PST 1999

On Sun, Mar 14, 1999 at 09:19:23PM -0700, Ben Leibig wrote:

> > On Sun, Mar 14, 1999 at 04:44:45PM -0700, Ben Leibig wrote:
> > > I sort of feel stupid asking this question, but I am running
> > redhat 5.2 and
> > > I can't seem to find a way to checkout the current CVS tree.
> > When I do CVS
> > > login I get an error
> >
> > What is the error message?
>
> I just get a list of options, it doesn't seem to recognize the login
> command.

I dunno; doesn't sound anything like the CVS I use.  Try getting the
source from http://www.cyclic.com/ and rolling your own.

> > > and list of available options, and when I do a CVS
> > > checkout I get:
> > >
> > > No address associated with name
> > > cvs [checkout aborted]: premature end of file from server
> >
> > Do you have problems with this anonymous CVS server only, or with other
> > anonymous CVS servers as well?
>
> I've never tried any other anonymous CVS server... I don't even know where
> another one is to test.. My guess is that I'm just doing something silly.

Off the top of my head, Mozilla, Apache, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, as well as lots
of other projects.  (STFW :)

--
Ivan Kohler <ivan at sisd.com> - finger for PGP key - <moc.dsis at navi> Relhok Navi
Open-source billing and administration for ISPs - http://www.sisd.com/freeside