Problem with Customer Add Page....

Ivan Kohler ivan at sisd.com
Wed Jun 30 03:20:38 PDT 1999

On Thu, Jun 24, 1999 at 03:39:39PM -0700, Joel Griffiths wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Jun 1999, you wrote:
> > On Thu, Jun 24, 1999 at 11:46:51AM -0700, Joel Griffiths wrote:
> > > Did you set up the services and packages first?
> > >
> > Yes, I did, I had that problem initially, but figured it all out.
> > I seem to have everything one can have without having customers.
> > Just a note, none of this is very clear from the current documentation,
> > perhaps a quick tutorial or somesuch thing would eliminate alot of the
> > questions I see on the email archive.

> Is this adding a new customer or editing a purchased service. GECOS is
> required for the service.. You may have set something in a service
> defintion as fixed to nothing that should have something in it. There
> are still a few bugs this way.

Can you elaborate, so I can fix the bugs you mention?  I'm aware that the
service definition stuff isn't worded well, and people often interpret
this wrong, but wasn't aware of any actual code bugs.

> The error you have indicates you have a blank field somewhere. If you filled
> everything out that's available, this may be the problem. The program is still
> a little buggy about that.

I don't find this to be the case.  Can you help me fix whatever problems
you mention?

> There isn't much documentation for it to be sure. I think Ivan is too busy
> writing software to work on docs. I know it's been a real learning experience
> for me. If I had some time, I would see what I could do to help.

The mailing list archive contains quite a bit of useful postings that I'm
going to start with when I next have some Free Time.

> I'm afraid I
> wouldn't be much good though, as I still haven't figured out the whole systems
> and I've hacked the heck out of my version.

I'd be interested in seeing what you've done.  Are you using CVS?

--
Ivan Kohler <ivan at sisd.com> - finger for PGP key - <moc.dsis at navi> Relhok Navi
Open-source billing and administration for ISPs - http://www.sisd.com/freeside