BUG? Credit Expiration problem for cust_pay_batch

Joel Griffiths griff at aver-computer.com
Mon Jul 26 14:36:37 PDT 1999

I have been attempting to run bill on our records and then send the output from
cust_pay_batch via email for the person responsible for charging credit cards.
The problem I ran into was that the expiration date came up as year only; it is
pretty difficult to charge a credit card without the expiration date.

I have already modified my version of freeside (1.2.1) in that area, so I
am not absolutely certain, but I think this may actually be a bug. FS-Setup sets
up cust_pay_batch->exp as an 11 bit intger and cust_pay_batch tries to write the
date as "2001-4-01" which is most decidedly not an integer. To fix this
problem, I ran the following command from an mysql administrator account:

ALTER TABLE cust_pay_batch MODIFY exp VARCHAR(11);

Now the expiration date is printed properly to the cust_pay_batch record. If
you have this problem, this is the fix. If you do not have this problem, please
flame me at trash at aver-computer.com.

-- Joel Griffiths --
Senior Internet Engineer                  Aver, Inc.
(760) 568-4351 Phone              (760) 341-8694 Fax
"The world won't change just because I complain."
               Martina McBride