[freeside] Questions (Some answered)

Ivan Kohler ivan at sisd.com
Thu Jul 22 02:45:01 PDT 1999

On Wed, Jul 21, 1999 at 08:12:31AM -0700, Joel Griffiths wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Jul 1999, you wrote:
> > A few questions:  Please answer, I'm very close to completly implementing
> > freeside as my ISP.
> >
> > 1: does freeside add home directories for new users?  If not, how can this
> > be done.  Would it be possable to set the user quote at the same time you
> > created the drectory(you can use edquota and a prototype user to change it
> > automagically with ssh).
> Yes, it does create new directories. Refer to svc_acct.pm, insert subroutine.
> You may wish to change the ssh line to something that is more suitable for your
> use.
>
> > 2: When I add a customer I am offered to select the first package.  There's
> > a pulldown menu of choices, but only one of the choices is available.  Is
> > there anyway to make that pulldown menu show all packages?
> There are a few things here. First, to show the packages, you should give the
> agent permissions to access the package you want. I either under edit agents or
> edit agent types. Second, packages with more than one service don't seem to
> show up on this screen. I took a look at the source code to see if I could
> change this, but it appears this may be complicated to change.

I couldn't come up with a way for a web interface to dynamically adjust so
that, for example, when you select a package with several services, you
get input boxes for all of them.  With a different interface, say, Tk or
Gtk, this wouldn't be a problem; you just create new widgets for each
service on the fly.

> I have the
> people who use freeside just leave these section blank (I plan to remove it
> from the screen) and add the account information after they complete this
> screen.
>
> > 3: Does anyone have a command to print out the credit card batch for the
> > day(if cybercash is not being used)?
> I haven't got this far yet. I think the bill command (included with freeside)
> may do this, but I don't know. I haven't even looked into it. Does anybody know
> about this?????????

htdocs/docs/billing.html:

	After this script [ /bin/bill ] is run, a credit card batch will
	be in the cust_pay_batch table.

> > 4: Does anyone have a program to go through all the currently batched cards
> > and ask if the visa was accepted.
> Repeat 3's answer.

htdocs/docs/billing.html:

	When your batch completes, erase the cust_pay_batch records in that
	batch and add any necessary paymants to the cust_pay table.
	Example code to add payments is:

      use FS::cust_pay;

      # loop over all records in batch

      my $payment=create FS::cust_pay (
        'invnum' => $invnum,
        'paid' => $paid,
        '_date' => $_date,
        'payby' => $payby,
        'payinfo' => $payinfo,
        'paybatch' => $paybatch,
      );

      my $error=$payment->insert;
      if ( $error ) {
        #process error
      }

      # end loop

> > 5: Is there anyway to get freeside to send a sysadmin a warning when a
> > credit card has expired?
> Got me.....

Not yet.  You need to search on the `paydate' field of the `cust_main'
table.

--
Ivan Kohler <ivan at sisd.com> - finger for PGP key - <moc.dsis at navi> Relhok Navi
Open-source billing and administration for ISPs - http://www.sisd.com/freeside