[freeside] Free Side Error

Ivan Kohler ivan at sisd.com
Fri Jul 16 23:51:46 PDT 1999

On Wed, Jul 14, 1999 at 03:47:43AM -0400, Herbert Samuels wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've gotten freeside to work partially.
> I'm using the Perl suid approach.
> I get this error, however;
>
> &FS::UID::checkruid failed at
> /usr/local/fs-1.2.1/htdocs/edit/process/part_svc.cgi line 59
>
> Is there something I've missed?

The script is not setuid freeside,

or your system supports setuid scripts, but Perl didn't detect this during
configuration,

or your system doesn't support secure setuid scripts, and Perl's emulation
was not turned on during configuration.

Since you didn't report any details of your OS, file permissions, or
anything else, I'm at a bit of a loss trying to assist you.

Perhaps you should try one of the other ways of running the scripts as the
Freeside user?

--
Ivan Kohler <ivan at sisd.com> - finger for PGP key - <moc.dsis at navi> Relhok Navi
Open-source billing and administration for ISPs - http://www.sisd.com/freeside