[freeside] Re: expiration process

Kristian Hoffmann khoff at pc-intouch.com
Thu Jul 15 18:42:44 PDT 1999

You can get the MySQL patch for Ascend RADIUS from...
http://www.softagency.co.jp/mysql/

There's a link for an english version of the page somewhere near the top.
The patch is highly configurable.  You can tell radiusd what database and
even what table to authenticate out of.

Two major issues:
1. You have to edit mysql.c in the ascendd directory to check the
_password fields instead of passwd.  Look for "sprintf(" with a MySQL
select statement in it and change the fields names.  I think there's only
two that need to be changed.
2. You have to add radius_attr, attr_template, start_date, expire_date,
and active. The first two are explained in the README and are fairly
simple to setup.  start_date and expire_date can be set to 00-00-0000 and
01-30-2037 respectivly.  I suppose you could change to select statement
in mysql.c to read start_date and expire_date from setup and expire (or
susp) in cust_pkg.  That would be ideal but not necessary.

I posted the script that disables overdue accounts by setting
svc_acct.active=N a while back, so check the list archives if anyone's
interested.

Have fun,

-Kristian