Promotional Package

Ivan Kohler ivan at sisd.com
Thu Jul 15 16:22:41 PDT 1999

On Wed, Jul 07, 1999 at 12:32:30AM -0700, mark at ns2.pc-intouch.com wrote:

> On Tue, 6 Jul 1999, Frank Nazario wrote:
>
> > Does anyone knows how do you implement a 30 days free internet access
> > promotional offer  in freeside and after that period the system starts
> > charging him/her 14.95 a month their after....
>
> I'd think you'd use something like a -14.95 activation fee, so that the
> charge for activation pays the bill for the first month.  Twisted and
> non-intuitive, but it works.

In an ideal laissez-faire economy, where the man^H^H^Hgovernment doesn't
take half of your money, sure.

In the real world, your accountant will be upset (well, he probably won't
care that you're throwing away your money, but...)

Those people implementing Freeside in tax havens feel free.  :)

--
Ivan Kohler <ivan at sisd.com> - finger for PGP key - <moc.dsis at navi> Relhok Navi
Open-source billing and administration for ISPs - http://www.sisd.com/freeside