expiration process

Ivan Kohler ivan at sisd.com
Thu Jul 15 16:07:51 PDT 1999

On Tue, Jul 06, 1999 at 12:47:19PM -0700, Kristian Hoffmann wrote:
> The way I've been doing it is with Ascend RADIUS patched to use a mysql db
> instead of a users file.

Yes, it is best to have your RADIUS server authenticate right out of the
SQL database.

>  It reads the svc_acct.active field and doesn't
> allow a connection for that user if it's set to 'N'.  I also wrote a
> disable-overdue script that goes through and sets everyone who hasn't paid
> after 10 days to disabled (svc_acct.active='N').  It works quite well.  If
> anyone is interested, I'll repost this with the location of the patch and
> a copy of the script (both are quite small).
>
> Ivan, do you want to take a look at this?

Yes, I do.  I'd hope to integrate it with the suspension and unsuspension
hooks currently in Freeside.

--
Ivan Kohler <ivan at sisd.com> - finger for PGP key - <moc.dsis at navi> Relhok Navi
Open-source billing and administration for ISPs - http://www.sisd.com/freeside