expiration process

Ivan Kohler ivan at sisd.com
Thu Jul 15 16:05:56 PDT 1999

On Tue, Jul 06, 1999 at 02:58:19PM -0400, Frank Nazario wrote:
> hi
> I would like to know how freeside controls the expiration of an
> account... do we have to have this specified in the svc_acct????... and
> if so how do i add this to freeside...
>
> my interest in this is for the freeside program to tell my radius server
> wich accounts have expired and by consecuence not allow to connect.

This doesn't really have anything to do with expiration, as that term is
used in the contect of Freeside.

Decide your suspension policy, then make a cron job which calls the
suspend method of the relevant packages (see
htdocs/docs/man/cust_pkg.txt), which will filter down and disable the
passwords for the accounts in question.   Same for the unsuspend and
cancel methods.

--
Ivan Kohler <ivan at sisd.com> - finger for PGP key - <moc.dsis at navi> Relhok Navi
Open-source billing and administration for ISPs - http://www.sisd.com/freeside