Software Error: Pipe error

Ivan Kohler ivan at sisd.com
Sun Jan 3 13:36:14 PST 1999

On Sat, Jan 02, 1999 at 04:17:51PM -0600, lpfeifer wrote:
> Hello Ivan,
>
>   This is the error I get when I type in that command
>
> 1 [lpfeifer at mars] /home/lpfeifer >echo "hello" | lpr -h
> lpr: Command not found.

Then your original problem is that you didn't put YOUR print command in
the `lpr' configuration file, you just put the example command in.  Put
YOUR print command in this configuraiton file.

> We are using Linux Slackware 2.0.29

You should probably upgrade to the current kernel and close the other
security holes on your box before you put sensitive customer information
on there.

> Also how do I see how much people owe?

The main customer screen shows what a customer owes.

The `balance' method (see the FS::cust_main manpage) provides a
programmatic interface to this information.