SOFTWARE ERROR

Ivan Kohler ivan at sisd.com
Tue Feb 9 17:31:00 PST 1999

On Wed, Feb 10, 1999 at 02:02:45AM +1100, Attila Janos wrote:
> Its been a long hard road, there appears to be no
> cgifix.html

I think you're one (soon to be two) major releases behind.  There hasn't
been a file called `cgifix.html' in the distribution since 1.0.x.  1.1.x
had a `CGI-modules-2.76-patch.txt'.

I'd suggest upgrading to the 1.1.6 release, or the current snapshot, which
is pretty close to what will be 1.2.0.  Incidentally, all code now uses
CGI.pm, which is part of the standard Perl distribution and doesn't need
to be patched or updated.  (unless you're using mod_perl :)

> nor can I get the patch to patch
> base.pm

Sorry it didn't work for you.  You could just apply the simple change
manually.

> When I try to add a new customer I get
> Customer Add
>
> Customer # (NEW)Content-type: text/html
>
> Software error:
>
> Can't call method "agentnum" without a package or object reference at
> /usr/local/apache-ssl/htdocs/freeside/edit/cust_main.cgi line 116.

Hmm.  Did you add at least one agent in the administration section?

I agree the error message doesn't clearly indicate your problem.  I added
it to the TODO.

--
Ivan Kohler <ivan at sisd.com> - finger for PGP key - <moc.dsis at navi> Relhok Navi
Open-source billing and administration for ISPs - http://www.sisd.com/freeside