[freeside] config files

Brendan Pratt bpratt at overflow.net.au
Thu Dec 30 05:17:06 PST 1999

Hi Kristian,

----- Original Message -----
From: Kristian Hoffmann <khoff at pc-intouch.com>

> > Create the `/usr/local/etc/freeside/counters.datasrc', and
> > `/usr/local/etc/freeside/export.datasrc' directories for each datasrc
(owned
> > by the freeside user).
> >
> > The "datasrc" directory is what I didn't understand. What is the name
> > related to?  It's not the database name or
conf.DBI:mysql:dbname=freeside

> I ran into the same problem.  Sorry if I explain this incorrectly, but the
> three directories are conf.[datasrc], counters.[datasrc], and
> export.[datasrc].  The "[datasrc]" will be how perl accesses your
> database.  For example, I use the DBI perl modules (don't think there's
> much of a choice there), mysql db server, and the dbname "freeside."  My
> "[datasrc]" will be DBI:mysql:freeside which is what you use to name the

Excellent, that's what I'm trying to use.

> directories.  The mapsecrets file maps users from apache to a secrets file
> under conf.[datasrc] which contains the username and password for that
> [datasrc]. So, your mapsecrets file would look something like...
>
> salesguy1 conf.DBI:mysql:freeside/secrets

And for all users that you wish to allow accessing the database?

I'm really 'green' with mysql as well, so I guess this next problem is
something that's related to my newness with mysql.

Running ./fs-setup freeside , this appears after the RADIUS atttributes
prompt :-
--cut here--
DBI->connect error: Access denied for user: 'freeside at localhost' (Using
password : YES) at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/FS/UID.pm line 76
--cut here--

I've given a user of freeside in mysql with the appropriate password there.
My mapsecrets file has :-
--cut here--
freeside conf.DBI:mysql:freeside/secrets
freeside DBI:mysql:freeside
freeside
password
--cut here--

Once again, thanks for your help.

--
 Current Net Legislation will slow us down and cost us more!
Tell you Local Federal Member NOW it will hurt your business

C u laitr
Brendan Pratt         Overflow Internet Services
                      Mobile : +61-418-746657
                      Phone  : +61-7-55-463-832
        E-Mail : bpratt at overflow.net.au