[freeside] need help configuring

Joel Griffiths griff at aver-computer.com
Tue Aug 17 08:25:45 PDT 1999

On Mon, 16 Aug 1999, you wrote:
> Could someone plese send me clear and consice intrustions on configuring
> freeside 1.2.1.  Or even send me a complete example?
Nobody has written any really good instructions yet. The current instructions
are difficult and not very intuitive, but they do work if you follow them
closely.

MMy greatest problem when installing my version of freeside was that the
instructions didn't explicitly state that I create the directories
counters.DBI:mysql:freeside, conf.DBI:mysql:freeside, export.DBI:mysql:freeside
in the /usr/local/etc/freeside directory (owned by the user running freeside -
see SuExec or Perl authentification).

Good luck

-- Joel Griffiths --
Senior Internet Engineer                  Aver, Inc.
(760) 568-4351 Phone              (760) 341-8694 Fax
"The world won't change just because I complain."
               Martina McBride