Can't create ... cust_main_county.taxnum

Ivan Kohler ivan at sisd.com
Thu Apr 22 04:58:34 PDT 1999

>From config.html:

    Three lines: Database engine datasource (for example,
    `DBI:mysql:freeside' or `DBI:Pg:dbname=freeside'), username, and
    password. This file should not be world readable.  See the DBI
    manpage and the manpage for your DBD for the exact syntax.

And from my previous message to you (archived at
<http://www.sisd.com/freeside/list-archive/msg00546.html> with typo):

> In this file, you put (again, with no leading whitespace):
>
>     DBI:mysql:freeside
>     freeside
>     password
>
> The `DBI:mysql:freeside' is the DBI datasource, sometimes known in the
> DBI documentation as `dsn' for data source name. (for Postgres, it looks
> like `DBI:Pg:dbname=freeside').  The next two lines are the SQL username
> and password used to log on to the SQL database.
>
> The rest of the configuration files are located in the directory
> `/usr/local/etc/freeside/conf.<datasrc>', i.e.
> `/usr/local/etc/freeside/conf.DBI:mysql:freeside'.

Yes, your error is caused by skipping steps in the install instructions.
Don't do that.

--
Ivan Kohler <ivan at sisd.com> - finger for PGP key - <moc.dsis at navi> Relhok Navi
Open-source billing and administration for ISPs - http://www.sisd.com/freeside