Unsuccessful trying to get subscribed to ivan-freeside@sisd.com

Ivan Kohler ivan at sisd.com
Tue Apr 13 04:46:39 PDT 1999

On Mon, Apr 12, 1999 at 02:43:09PM +0200, Gildas PERROT wrote:

> > > I would to notice a proble I had with 1.2.0 version and Perl's setuid
> > > emulation.
> > >
> > > With cust_main.cgi, I have :
> > >
> > > fatal: Can't get REMOTE_USER! at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/FS/UID.pm
> > >  line 171.
> > >
> > > Any idea how to solve that problem ?	Thanks in advance for your help.
> >
> > You haven't setup user authentication with Apache as indicated in
> > htdocs/docs/install.html
>
> Thanks a lot. I was not obvious in the documentation that user
> authentification was a need.

In htdocs/docs/install.html, the step:

    Restrict access to this web interface

is listed, and links to
<http://www.apache.org/docs/misc/FAQ.html#user-authentication> within the
Apache documentation.

Also, htdocs/docs/config.html says:

    Note that these are not local usernames - they are passed
    from Apache (you _did_ setup user authetication, correct?)

and again links there.

How would you suggest that this be made obvious?  Updates to the
documentation are gratefully welcomed; I'm aware that it is deficient in
many respects.

--
Ivan Kohler <ivan at sisd.com> - finger for PGP key - <moc.dsis at navi> Relhok Navi
Open-source billing and administration for ISPs - http://www.sisd.com/freeside