Freeside 1.2.0 released

Ivan Kohler ivan at sisd.com
Mon Apr 12 02:32:19 PDT 1999

Hi,

I've finally released version 1.2.0.  You can download it from the home
page.

Significant changes from previous versions include:

- Email invoicing
- One-screen new customer entry
- Custom pricing on a per-customer basis
- Internationalization with regard to addresses
- Internet Explorer problems may be fixed (untested as I don't use
  Windows)
- CGI::modules is no longer used, instead the standard CGI.pm is used
- Inheritence in the library code was cleaned up
- "Unknown state/county/country" errors should be fixed on all SQL engines
- Finally spent some time making the web interface better looking
- mod_perl and Apache::DBI are supported for a drastic performance
  increase

Big things you could help with:

- Import logging data into SQL, write expressions (remember, all prices
  are perl expressions) which use that data in meaningful ways
- Gtk or Java interface on top of the documented Perl API code
- Lots of other stuff in the TODO

--
Ivan Kohler <ivan at sisd.com> - finger for PGP key - <moc.dsis at navi> Relhok Navi
Open-source billing and administration for ISPs - http://www.sisd.com/freeside