Non-Recurring Fees

Ivan Kohler ivan at sisd.com
Mon Oct 12 18:06:19 PDT 1998

As it says, all the fees are already Safe (in the sense of the Safe perl
module) perl expressions.

Currently every package (billing item) has a one-time fee and a recurring
fee, so one-time fees are pretty much implemented.

One-off billing items (i.e. creating packages on the fly) are not yet
implemented.  This would streamline the process of billing for things like
a single invoice for a used piece of equipment or a unique consultation.
Right now you have to create a package, allow the agent type to sell it
and then order it for the customer.

The main thing not done for usage-based billing is data import.  Writing
expressions which use this data should be pretty straightforward.  Since
we aren't accepting these expressions from evil places, you can change
the bill method of FS::cust_main and insert:

$cpt->deny_only (:dangerous)

for example, if you need to use expressions which don't work with the
:default opmask (see man Safe(3) and Opcode(3)).  There are separate bits
for the setup fee/expression and the recurring fee/expression.

--
Ivan Kohler <ivan at sisd.com> - finger for PGP key
Silicon Interactive Software Design - http://www.sisd.com/ - 888-670-SISD