Freeside :: Windows :: And a whole lot of love.

Ivan Kohler ivan at sisd.com
Wed Oct 7 19:17:55 PDT 1998

On Thu, 8 Oct 1998, Jacob Leaver wrote:

> If one were to add a flag to the tables that need server-side things to
> happen, then one could use a cron demon job to to the server-side stuff, and
> then clear the flag.

Yep... it will require more than just simple flags added to the tables,
though.  The first thing that comes to mind is home directory changes,
which trigger a copy of the home directory from the old to the new
location.  A flag would tell you the home directory has changed, but not
the old location.

But it is certainly still possible, just a little bit more complicated.

> As far as adding garbage goes, I think that you could use accesses drop-down
> lists, and error trapping to prevent garbage.

Which leaves the data validation client-side instead of server-side.  I do
suppose it is the best that can be done, though.