EMail Invoicing and DNS Services

_MO_ mobrain at GenX.omni-net.net
Mon May 18 19:37:36 PDT 1998

I dont know if 1.0.0 has the facilities to do automated email invoicing,
but thats a good idea for a future release if it doesn't. Also, I read in
the TODO that you want to have the software read named.conf and the DNS
database files themselves. I think thats a great idea as well. Perhaps
another addition that would be helpful would be the additions of 'Browse
Domains (by domain)' and 'Browse Domains (by service number)' to the main
menu. I think Record.pm doesn't have the proper MySQL result code being
searched for when cancelling. It does the cancellation but generates a
'Record Not Found'. We hacked out the error and it seems to work fine and
future releases is to make even more use of the AuthGroupFile to decide
who can do what. Maybe that should be a method of configuring who can
issue complimentary accounts. I noticed various "needs explicit package
name" bugs throughout the perl scripts. We fixed all of them, and I'm sure
you (Ivan) have in your development source tree, but I figured I'd mention
it anyway. One last suggestion: allow tax rates of more digits. New York's
tax rate is 8.25%. This number cant be entered with the default maximum
length on the tax rate pages. Besides that, its working perfectly for us.

Thanks,
Max