Unitialized value?

Ivan Kohler ivan at sisd.com
Thu Mar 26 12:48:05 PST 1998

I can't reproduce your error so I'll need a little bit of help to track it
down.

I'm assuming by "user" you mean a customer entry, not a service (such as
SLIP/PPP).

After the script inserts the customer into the database (or after you edit
a customer), it redirects you to the "view" for that customer.  In your
case, for some reason this isn't working - it looks like it is trying to
send you to a null custnum.

Check at the end of htdocs/edit/process/cust_main.cgi:

}

my($custnum)=$new->custnum;
$req->cgi->redirect("/view/cust_main.cgi?$custnum#cust_main");

sub idiot {

and put in the middle:

my($custnum)=new->custnum;
warn "edit/process/cust_main.cgi: custnum $custnum";  #ADD THIS LINE
$req->cgi->redirect("/view/cust_main.cgi?$custnum#cust_main");

Now check your web server's error log when this happens to see what
$custnum is, so we know where to look for the problem.

Also, have you created /var/spool/freeside/counters?  That could be
interfering with the sequential number generation (since SQL doesn't seem
to provide a _portable_ method of specifying these).

On Thu, 26 Mar 1998, Jim Warren wrote:

> I am working on installing freeside and am getting this error when I try
> to add a user:
> 	use of unitialized value at .....site_perl/FS/Record.pm line 419
> and,
> 	....view/cust_main.cgi line 58  Customer not found!
>
> Actually, the user is added to the mysql database (you can see the results
> if you go to "Browse ... by customer number"
>

> Does anyone have any ideas on how/where to correct this?
>
> Thanks for any pointers...........
>

> Jim Warren					Connecting America
> jim at coam.net					www.coam.net
> 	   Phone: 702-648-0390	   Fax:  702-648-2712

- --
Ivan Kohler <ivan at sisd.com> - finger for PGP key
Silicon Interactive Software Design - http://www.sisd.com/
"I want to go on a mountain-top / with a radio and good batteries
 play a joyous tune / and free the whole human race from suffering" -Bjork