Freeside adaption for a *special* account

Myfanwy Hawley mlh at alphawest.net.au
Thu Jun 25 18:15:10 PDT 1998

Hi,

Has anyone ever modified Freeside to handle an ISP account like this:
Hourly account where user pays for hours in advance and there is a minimum
monthly usage of 4 hours. eg if user123 only used 2 hours in June our system
says:
hours used	min allowed	difference	hours taken from ac
2		4		2		2

We had a very cludgy old c/perl script that would run at midnight  on the
last day of the month and take information from a minisql db from logs on an
annex3 and process this all for us. It constantly broke and would get
confused and was generally quite hopeless. Now we are going to be using
Freeside, mysql, and esva radius and so we either amend the curent stuff to
work with the new system ( not highly recommended as it didn't work very
well before) or get a new one.

Has anyone ever modified it to handle hourly accounts at all? eg. user123
buys 15 hours and the db reduces the amount of time in credit  as used until
they have no time left and their shell changes to not allow them in until
they pay for more hours.

Myfanwy Hawley
Internet Services Engineer

Helpdesk (08) 9380 2403 (after June 15 1998 call 9237 3007)
AlphaWest ISP
http://www.alphawest.net.au