Getting started with FS

Mark Constable markc at renta.net
Sat Jul 11 22:41:41 PDT 1998

Hi folks, I hope it's Ok to ask some dumb startup questions.
Hehe, you can't tell me to go read TFM or look at the list
archives so I'm safe, I think.

I've got FS in a working state but now I have to actually use
the program (enter data) but it appears that starting from
scratch with no prior base of data is awkward. Some of the
form fields that are required are also unusable with no
settings behind them to select an option.. so I can't proceed
to even set up a new account (to see how FS works).

Any hints on the form fields for these Admin pages would be
appreciated... and how to get the right values into the form
itself (I suspect they come out of mySQL) ?

What example values should go in these fields ?

 View/Edit services
	Service
	(too many to list)
 View/Edit packages
	Package
	Comment
	Setup fee
	Freq. (months)
	Recurring fee
 View/Edit agent types
	Type
 View/Edit agents
	Agent
	Agent type
	Frequency
	Program
 View/Edit referrals
	Referral
 View/Edit locales and tax rates
	(Too US-centric to ask)
 View/Edit POPs
	City
	State
	Area Code (example US ph num)
	Exchange  ( ditto )
The things I fell over on were;

o I was unaware of CGI::Base as distinct from CGI.pm
o Needed a SUID version of perl
o The .htaccess files are unusable as distributed
o No conf/secrets
o No example entries to start off with

Any hints appreciated and thanks to Ivan (and probably others)
for making something like this GPL'd, great stuff :-)

--markc