[freeside-devel] Bug tracker?

Nathan Anderson nathana at fsr.com
Thu Oct 19 22:53:05 PDT 2017

I think I may already know the answer to this, but I just want to double-check...

Is there a public-facing bug database for Freeside?  I keep seeing "RT#xxxxx" referenced in Git commits (where I'm guessing "RT" means Request Tracker, and that you are running an RT instance which you are using for filing and tracking Freeside bugs and/or feature requests), and I'm trying to figure out what exactly those correspond to.

I did find a message from Ivan posted to this list from way back in 2003 that said in effect that there was no public-facing bug tracker, and that taking his private one and exposing it to the public was something that might happen in the future but that it wasn't a high-priority thing.  Based on this, I'm guessing that it still hasn't happened, but I can't find anything remotely recent that actually confirms or denies this.  http://pouncequick.420.am/rt/ apparently used to be a thing but is now defunct, http://freeside.biz/rt is *not* a thing, Googling "site:freeside.biz bug tracking" gives me zero useful information...I will be really embarrassed if I actually missed something obvious.

Mostly it would be nice to be able to correlate a given commit to the referenced ticket # so that I know exactly what the heck the overall ticket is about.  I can't just take the commit description as the ticket description, because oftentimes there are multiple commits for a given RT ticket # that I can tell (other than the common ticket #) are related and which span a decent amount of time (weeks/months), but I have no idea whether the ticket has actually been closed out, or whether I should expect to see more commit activity in the future related to whatever the core issue is.  And, of course, with no idea of what the underlying issue is that is being addressed by piecemeal commits, there's no way I can help or contribute.

Thanks,

--
Nathan Anderson
First Step Internet, LLC