[freeside-devel] MSSQL

Ivan Kohler ivan at freeside.biz
Sun Oct 1 13:45:45 PDT 2017

On Sun, Oct 01, 2017 at 03:52:40PM -0400, http://1id.com/=nathan.anderson via RT wrote:
> (People may think this gross ;-) but ultimate goal is
> actually to have Freeside talking to MSSQL server by way of
> DBD::Sybase.  Perhaps by cleaning up any Postgres-isms this'll also
> end up having the side-effect of improving MySQL/MariaDB support, or
> at least make it easier to bring up-to-date.)
>
> How do you prefer I submit future patches [...] to Freeside proper?
> (I assume pull request; I guess it is about time I got off my duff and
> taught myself how to use Git.)

Either unified diffs or pull requests would be great.

Without commercial sponsorship, we're probably not interested in
reviewing, merging or carrying the maintenance cost of MSSQL support.
That would be a lot of time, work and risk.  I don't see any useful
benefit for our customers or users.

We would be interested in any updates to the MySQL/MariaDB support,
though.  Most of the support is there already, it just needs to be
tested and updated for v4.