[freeside-devel] Installing 4.x on Debien Wheezy

Fernando M. Kiernan fkiernan at id.net.ar
Fri Jan 29 07:35:04 PST 2016

Hi, trying to install 4.x on Debian Wheezy per
http://www.freeside.biz/mediawiki/index.php/Freeside:4:Documentation:Install
ingOnDebian7 I got some things that should be updated on the doc:

- The link on "regular installation instructions" should point, at least
until the new page is created (see below), to
http://www.freeside.biz/mediawiki/index.php/Freeside:3:Documentation:Install
ation
- This modules must be added to the prerequisites list:
	libcpanel-json-xs-perl libdata-password-perl libnet-https-any-perl
libfile-which-perl libcrypt-x509-perl libsymbol-global-name-perl
libhtml-formattext-withlinks-perl libcgi-emulate-psgi-perl libplack-perl
libmodule-refresh-perl librole-basic-perl libemail-address-list-perl
libdata-guid-perl libdate-extract-perl
libhtml-formattext-withlinks-andtables-perl librrds-perl libberkeleydb-perl
libtemplate-perl libproc-daemon-perl   libdbix-abstract-perl
libdbix-sequence-perl

On the new
http://www.freeside.biz/mediawiki/index.php/Freeside:4:Documentation:Install
ation :
- At the "Download Freeside" paragraph on "Anonymous git" should be a nota
telling something like "you should use 'aptitutde install git' to get git on
your system".
- The "Create Freeside users" paragraph should be adjusted requiring to
enter a password on the freeside-adduser command and deleting the htpasswd
line.
- The rt installation part should be marked as mandatory as RT_ENABLED is
true on the default main Makefile
- The torrus install page (I couldn't found it on the wiki) should be back
online and marked as mandatory as TORRUS_ENABLED is true on the default main
Makefile and apache will not start without it after finishing install.

On main Makefile :
- On "make install-texmf" I got a failure saying
/usr/local/share/texmf/tex/latex did not exist. This should be fixed adding
"mkdir -p /usr/local/share/texmf/tex/latex" as the first line of
install-texmf target on main Makefile
- On "make install-docs" I got an error saying
/usr/local/etc/freeside/masondata could not be removed because it does not
exist. This should be fixed adding a "f" flag to the "rm -r ${MASONDATA}"
line on the install-docs target on main Makefile

Regards

Fernando M. Kiernan
Imágenes Digitales S.A.
www.imagenesdigitales.com.ar