[freeside-devel] Freeside development policies

Fernando M. Kiernan fkiernan at id.net.ar
Thu Jan 28 10:11:54 PST 2016

Hi, I’m starting again my work on Freeside and, having three development
branches on git, I would want to know what are the future policies about
versión releasing in order to focus my work (mainly dedicated to
localization) on the best posible option as I don’t have so much time
available.

The main questions raised on my mind until now are:
- Will be a new 3.x release (3.9)?
- Will the 4.x branch have a long life and version releases in some moment?
- Whick is the intended difference between 4.x and 5.x branch as I see the
majority of the commits (almost all of them) are the same for both branches?

I’ve many localization patches for 5.x git (around 150) and I know many of
them will not backport to 4.x automatically, so if 4.x will have a long life
I think I’ll have to take some time to do that work

Please can you shed some light on these

Thanks in advance
Regards

Fernando M. Kiernan