[freeside-devel] svc_broadband

Jeremy Davis lists at maximumtech.us
Thu Nov 6 09:30:21 PST 2008

Sorry for the extremely late reply.  Been on the road A LOT this month.

> http://www.freeside.biz/mediawiki/index.php/Broadband_Services_Spec
>
>   and points out that we already store usernames, passwords in
> svc_acct and that these are already tied to exports.  The speed
> settings should probably go into svc_broadband.

Correct, but those are user/pass combos for user services, but doesn't have
a way store the routers user and password to connect to the router to add
firewall rules, redirect suspended customers etc... I believe you could user
custom fields to do this for router exports, but I would like to make this a
real field in the table. Another item I will be addresses will be the IP
address of the routers.  Sometimes, even tho routers have IP addresses
ranges on the device, it may not the main IP the box uses.  AN example would
be an WISP with a switched backhaul network, but the access points/POP's are
routed. So 1.1.1.1/28 maybe be assigned on the router but all of the routers
on the network might share a common network 2.2.2.2/24.

>   Modifying the inventory table for make, model, (explicit?) serial
> number and moving towards a many to many relationship between
> inventory items and services (much like that between packages and
> services) would greatly broaden freeside's capabilities.

We are working on this right now.

Sincerely,

Jeremy Davis, CEO
Maximum Technologies, LLC