[freeside-devel] Re: freeside-devel Digest, Vol 15, Issue 6

Ivan Kohler ivan at 420.am
Fri Jan 26 00:55:02 PST 2007

On Thu, Jan 25, 2007 at 11:11:50PM -0800, Matthew Neumark wrote:

> >From: Kristian Hoffmann <khoff at fire2wire.com>
> >Subject: Re: [freeside-devel] Error message when using freeside 1.5.8
> >
> >On Wed, 24 Jan 2007, Matthew Neumark wrote:
> >>Alright so far it looks like it only has to do with the module sqlradius
> >>when using /view/svc_acct.cgi. This worked in the past on this machine
> >>any hints on what to replace?
> >>

> >Have you updated anything recently?  It's possible that you used cpan to
> >install one of freeside's required perl modules, like DBD::mysql, and not
> >your distributions package manager.  If your distro released a new openssl
> >package that wasn't binary compatible with the one you were previously
> >using, then DBD::mysql is likely to cause errors.  I'd suggest going
> >through your logs (and your memory) to see if you've recently updated
> >anything SSL or MySQL related lately.  You need to make sure that anything
> >that you may have installed manually that was linked against the SSL,
> >MySQL, or some other libraries gets recompiled.
>
> I use debian sarge. Any hints on how to replace libc.so.6 its
> practically part of debian...

I use sarge as well (and etch, and sid for development); haven't ever
had the need to do something drastic like replace libc on any of the
dists I've ever set stuff up on.

I suppose the backtrace does not seem to be terribly useful in this
case; I'd still suggest looking for a non-distro incompatible SSL
library.  If you're seeing this happen when RADIUS is queried, I'd lay
odds you've got a CPAN- or self-installed DBD::mysql which pulls in a
stray libssl.

You should probably move this to freeside-users if you want to follow up
(and post other support requests of this nature there in the future);
this does not seem to be any sort of development issue...