[freeside-devel] [freeside-commits] freeside/FS/FS/part_export communigate_pro_singledomain.pm, 1.4, 1.4.2.1

Ivan Kohler ivan at sisd.com
Wed Aug 1 17:46:11 PDT 2007

On Sat, Jul 14, 2007 at 02:51:04PM -0400, Richard Siddall wrote:
> Ivan Kohler wrote:
> > Richard,
> >
> > I would suggest checking your changes onto HEAD if you would like them
> > to become a permanent part of the tree, not only onto
> > FREESIDE_1_7_BRANCH.
> >
> > (On HEAD, the RPM files should move to an rpm/ directory in the tarball;
> > the OS-specific directories in install/ have been removed.)
> >

> Ivan,
>
> Are you planning to do another 1.9 release soon,

Yes, we plan to do a 1.9.0 release very soon, at the same time (or near)
the 1.7.3 release.

> or should I concentrate on the 1.7 branch for now?

Everyone else working on the code works on HEAD, possibly backporting to
FREESIDE_1_7_BRANCH when applicable.  We don't work on branches without
first checking changes onto HEAD.

If you want to contribute outside the rpm/ directory, you need to follow
our development practices: you should ensure that you check your changes
onto HEAD.

If you're only contributing inside your rpm/ directory, you can work
like this (on branches rather than on HEAD) if you choose to, I guess.

>  (I'd like to get the self-service RPM usable
> and add an RT RPM if possible before I get dragged off onto other tasks.)

I'm wary of keeping this stuff in the tree without an active maintainer
(or team) **who can keep up with development**.  I don't think the
current state of things is a viable long-term solution.

I guess we'll see if anyone else steps up to help you maintain the RPM
packaging and port it to HEAD, or if you are able to spare enough time
to keep it up-to-date, and revisit in the future.