[freeside-devel] package frequency

ivan ivan at 420.am
Tue Jul 12 02:39:58 PDT 2005

On Fri, Jun 10, 2005 at 04:24:59PM -0400, Ricardo SIGNES wrote:
> * Brian Taber <btaber at diversecg.com> [2005-06-10T16:13:33]
> > How difficult would it be to be able to specify the frequency when the
> > package is ordered?  I have several plans, and each plan can be paid
> > monthly, quartely, semi-annually, or yearly.  So I have almost 50 plans to
> > waddle my way through now, maybe more later...  And if I ever have to
> > change a plan.....
>
> I am still green, but my understanding is that you can't easily do that.
> (If I'm wrong, let me know, somebody!)
>
> In fact, what I'm working on now is an easy way to create x number of
> packages that are just like some "master package," except for billing
> cost (which is relative to the master) and frequency.
>
> Other thoughts would be adored.

What sort of UI would be better for selecting packages?  Some sort of
multi-step <SELECT> process to narrow things down?  Some sort of tree or
nested menu (I've been looking at qooxdoo, it can do some very slick and
useful UI widgets) A separate drop-down for frequency?  I'd like to
start from figuring out how a better UI would work and then see what
kind of changes we need to the internals to support it.