proposed licensing changes

ivan at 420.am ivan at 420.am
Mon Jun 30 06:49:49 PDT 2003

Currently, Freeside is distrubted under the same terms as Perl (GNU GPL
or Artistic license).

I propose changing the license for the Freeside package to simply the
GNU GPL, without the Artistic license option.

I will not make this change without the approval of major contributors:
Jeff Finucane, Kristian and Mark from pc-intouch.

If this change is made, I would ask that significant contributors allow
me the option of re-licensing "under the same terms as Perl" in the
event I (or others) generalize code out of the Freeside distribution and
place it on CPAN.