[freeside] Help Desk support availabilty in freeside ?

ivan at 420.am ivan at 420.am
Mon Jul 28 07:11:21 PDT 2003

(followups to -devel)

On Sun, Jul 27, 2003 at 09:36:14PM -0700, Kristian Hoffmann wrote:

> On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 ivan at 420.am wrote:
>
> > RT support will be integrated in 1.5.0.  Until then I recommend using it
> > standalone.  http://www.bestpractical.com/rt/
>
> Mark and I have been going over how to integrate RT.  Have you decided on
> what schema/code changes should be made to RT or freeside?

I don't think any schema changes are necessary.  We can link Freeside
customers or services to RT's Users.ExternalContactInfoId and
Users.ContactInfoSystem fields.  ContactInfoSystem could contain
something like: "freeside:cust_main" or "freeside:cust_svc" and
ExternalContactInfoId could contain the custnum or svcnum.

With regards to code changes:
- the installation should install the RT web interface.
- freeside-adduser should add an RT User.  Probably need a tool or
  option to add old users to RT as well.  RT needs a simple change to
  accept Apache authentication like Freeside - see WebExternalAuth in
  the config file I believe.
- Add links in Freeside on the customer view and service view screens
  to open a new ticket, view existing open tickets, etc.
- Add links on the Freeside main menu to view all new/open tickets.
- Add links in RT ticket view back to customer/service

I'm sure there's more, but that's a good start.

> Also, we're planning on merging virtual fields into HEAD this week, if
> that's still okay.

That's great.