[freeside-devel] proposed licensing changes

Jeff Finucane jeff at cmh.net
Tue Jul 1 13:40:55 PDT 2003

ivan at 420.am:

   Thank you for your message of Mon, 30 Jun 2003 06:49:47 -0700....

+----------
| From: ivan at 420.am
| To: ivan-freeside-devel at 420.am
| Subject: [freeside-devel] proposed licensing changes

| I propose changing the license for the Freeside package to simply the
| GNU GPL, without the Artistic license option.
|
| I will not make this change without the approval of major contributors:
| Jeff Finucane, Kristian and Mark from pc-intouch.
|
| If this change is made, I would ask that significant contributors allow
| me the option of re-licensing "under the same terms as Perl" in the
| event I (or others) generalize code out of the Freeside distribution and
| place it on CPAN.

  I have no objection to your proposal.

jeff at cmh.net

"There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does
 not want merely because you think it would be good for him."

 Professor Bernardo de le Paz
  [ R.A. Heinlein -- "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress" ]