domain_record.rectype

Kristian Hoffmann khoff at pc-intouch.com
Thu Feb 27 00:08:52 PST 2003

domain_record.rectype and domain_record.recaf are char, not varchar,
fields.  When records are returned from a lookup, rectype and recaf appear
as 5 and 2 character strings.  That's fine for recaf, but with rectype you
get things like 'SOA  ' and 'MX  ' that fail the check in
FS::domain_record::check (around line 234).

Should the check be modified, or the schema, or am I smoking crack?

This is an example of it manifesting itself when I tried to add a record
to a newly created svc_domain.  (Quotes added for emphasis).

'Illegal rectype (only SOA NS MX A PTR CNAME recognized): SOA  '

-Kristian