[freeside-devel] svc_broadband.actypenum

ivan at 420.am ivan at 420.am
Fri Sep 20 08:10:42 PDT 2002

On Fri, Sep 20, 2002 at 07:54:22AM -0700, Mark Wells wrote:

> On Fri, 20 Sep 2002 ivan at 420.am wrote:
>
> > Kristian, Mark,
> >
> > Please remove svc_broadband.actypenum as it is breaks database
> > normalization.
> >
> > As the folks who fixed the terribly-bogus `owed' field I wouldn't have
> > expected you to be doing this sort of thing.  :)
>
> I'm sure we'll fix it once we find a way to generalize the fixed/default
> field mechanism to enforce weird constraint expressions or enumerated
> values instead of a single fixed value.

I'll try to help out, but I'd appriciate it if you could take on
making sure this happens.

>  Until then, it's necessary.  The
> service definition has to be able to mandate the selection of an ac with a
> particular ac_type.

I'd sooner rip out ac_types entirely (they seem pretty extraneous) than
live for long with a denormalized database.  If you can, please make
sure this happens soon.  We can't release with this sort of thing.

In the future, please don't check things onto the HEAD that put things
in an unreleasable state like this.