[freeside-devel] svc_forward must die

ivan ivan at 420.am
Fri May 31 10:33:48 PDT 2002

I don't think I agree.  You want to add these fields to svc_forward:

>     * src - alias' local part
>     * srcdomsvc - alias' domain svcnum

Instead of just using srcsvc to link to equivalent fields in svc_acct:

    * username
    * domsvc

I think I need a clear, compelling _reason_ why you can't just use srcsvc
to link to svc_acct for this.  Aside from violating the "normal form"
schema design rules[1], your suggestion makes duplicate username checking
more difficult.

[1] while I don't hold "normal form" in such reverence that I wouldn't
break them when it makes sense, it does let you know when to
really think twice about something.  Besides, didn't you guys fix the
embarassing "owed" field?  :)